Thursday, March 4, 2010

Compounded Medications vs Pirated Knock-offs! A Correction

Thank you to a reader for pointing out that I was confusing compounded products with pirated rip-offs in my previous blog. Unfortunately the two have become synonymous in our industry. Compounded medications are legal products that are not commercially available while pirated rip-offs are exactly as described. This made me realize that whenever we purchase one of these products we are in the same league as illegal downloaders of music and purchasers of knocked off designer clothes. Ouch!! When I look at it this way it even makes more sense for pharmaceutical producers to create a campaign to consumers highlighting this. Everyone knows that pirated goods have inferior quality. This is not something most people would want their horses to receive.
In any case my apologies for the confusion and to the the producers of legitimate compounded medications.

No comments: