Monday, March 8, 2010

How Thick is Your Skin?


Equine vets are known for having thick skins. We couldn’t survive without deflecting the verbal barbs and the bad mouthing we have had to endure at one time or another. Thankfully, it is not always like that and usually these critiques are done in the privacy of a barn. How would you feel though if anyone who cared to look was able to read about your expensive charges, your injection skills, your bed side manner or your constant answering of the phone while talking to a client? Is your skin still thick?
But wouldn’t you want to know what people were really thinking about you and your practice? I have written about Yelp, the online customer review site but there is a new site where you invite people to anonymously talk about you. It is www.failin.gs.
Right now it is aimed at individuals but I am sure a business is going to take the plunge and expose themselves to the good, the bad and the ugly. I don’t have the nerve yet but I would love to know what clients really thought about our practice. I’ll let you know when I’m ready to take the plunge. Is anyone out there going to take a dip? Let us know!


No comments: